Join in Godly Play at The Chapel!
Godly play takes place during regular worship. Parents can accompany their child or children to our fellowship hall where Godly play occurs during a part of the service. Please see the Spring schedule below.
What is Godly Play?
Godly play is a Montessori-based teaching method that highlights the spiritual awareness, creativity, and intuition that children already possess. We use godly play to explore stories from scripture and invite questions and imaginings from children and teachers alike.
Annual Spring Getaway
Each Spring, the chapel community travels north for a weekend getaway of scavenger hunts, bible studies, variety shows, outdoor worship, s'mores, and more. This weekend in the redwoods offers families a chance to slow down, to connect with each other, and explore their faith together.
Yearly Advent Play
Please find a list below of some family resources to help children become thoughtful, informed, and brave about anti-racism.
- Raising Race Conscious Children
- The Conscious Kid - disrupt racism in young children through story-time
- Talking to Kids about Race
- Children's TV Project - addressing the -isms
- What to do when you realize the classic books from your childhood are racist...